Let’s go way back in time to 1883.
The above Delta Archives photos show the unloading salmon from a scow, possibly at Wadham’s Cannery in Ladner.
By 1899, there were 16 canneries built on the south shore of the Fraser River in Delta alone.
Here's a few more of Wadham's Cannery....
The interior of that cannery
This shot shows the exterior of the cannery
This shot was taken between 1888 and 1890 from the site of Wadham's Cannery.
It gives a view of the early town site of Ladner from the shore of the Fraser River to beyond Westham Street, and from Georgia Street to Chilukthan Slough.
Some of the buildings seen here are the Town Hall, Grant & Kerr sawmill, Ladner Hotel, Methodist Church, the Clausen/Atkey house and the Rich house.