Let’s go back in time to 1911 to check out the Delta Hotel at Ladner’s Landing.
The Delta Archives photo above shows a visiting band, likely Franklin's Band and Orchestra, posed on the boardwalk.
The proprietor of the hotel, Jack Johnston, stands at the left end of the band.
The photo also shows the original hotel building built in 1886 and an added wing.
The band arrived to play at the King's Birthday races at Paterson Park on June 26th and at a dance that evening
The site is now just a parking lot.
The early years of the hotel. The Delta Community Hall was built at the site of the destroyed Delta Hotel in 1928, but that building also burned down in 1968.
A photo early of Ladner buildings including the Delta Hotel in the background and the McNeely building, which was used as a community hall between 1908 and the early 1930s.
A Delta Archives photo from 1898 showing Mrs. A. E. Fawcett in garden of house in Ladner with the Delta Hotel in background.
The hotel at the corner of Elliot and Chisholm streets burned down in 1923. The Lanning, Fawcett and Wilson store, which is still on Chisholm Street today, and the ferry landing can be seen in the background.
The nearby Ladner Hotel was destoyed a couple of years earlier.