Visit the Ladner Pioneer Library or the Tsawwassen Library this month for STEAM fun with Ozobots and Cubetto.
Ozobots are pocket-sized coding robots that offer a great introduction to coding for kids.
Cubetto is a friendly wooden robot that teaches the basics of computer programming through stories and activities – perfect for kids ages three and up.
- Take up the Ozobot snow plow challenge on Friday, Jan. 10 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Tsawwassen Library. Design and construct a snowplow for Ozobot robots and then drive these tiny robots to clear the snowy track. This is suitable for ages nine to 12.
- On Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., check out Cubetto hockey in Ladner. Transform Cubetto into a hockey player and then learn to program Cubetto to work with teammates to score a goal. For children ages six to eight, but families are encouraged to participate together. This program will be repeated in Tsawwassen on Jan. 31 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- On Thursday, Jan. 16 use visual coding and create a racetrack for Ozobots to travel to the finish line from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Ladner or on Friday, Jan. 24 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Tsawwassen. Suitable for ages eight to 10.
- Try your hand at Cubetto mini golf on Friday, Jan. 17 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Tsawwassen. Transform Cubetto into a mini golf player, and then learn to program Cubetto to hit a hole-in-one. For children six to eight, but families are encouraged to participate together.
- The Ozobots dance party is Thursday, Jan. 23 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Ladner. Using Ozoblocky, code these mini robots to perform a dance routine. Suitable for ages nine to 12. This program will be repeated in Tsawwassen on Feb. 14 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- On Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. in Ladner, come to Code and Colour with Cubetto. Learn how to code Cubetto to draw and then colour your artwork. For children ages three to five and their caregivers. Registration is required at: www.fvrl.ca.
- Finally on Thursday, Jan. 30 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Ladner, have some Fun with Ozobots and Keva. Using visual coding and Keva Planks, create a town for these little robots to roam and explore. Open to ages eight to 10. This program will be repeated in Tsawwassen on Friday, Feb. 7 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Visit the library events pages at www.fvrl.ca to register online for any of the programs.