Southpointe Academy in Tsawwassen is now accepting applications for its South Delta regional scholarship.
The scholarship is open to any student in South Delta heading into Grade 11.
“This is an initiative by the board to really open the school up as much as possible to local students that we thought could really make a contribution and would really benefit from the kind of education that we can provide here,” said Southpointe head of school Gordon MacIntyre.
“This will be the second year offering this and moving forward we hope to be able to expand the number of scholarship offerings.”
The scholarship consists of tuition fees for grades 11 and 12. Deadline for submissions is March 29.
The successful applicant will:
· Be an outstanding secondary student who meets the school’s academic standards for admission to Grade 11.
· Has demonstrated excellence in arts, athletics and community service.
· Demonstrates a willingness to become involved in and contribute to Southpointe’s curricular and co-curricular programs.
· Commits to remain enrolled at Southpointe for grades 11 and 12.
· Be a non-Southpointe student who resides in South Delta.
In addition to the application form, the applicant must provide a resume, references or recommendation letters, report cards and a written statement.
“It’s important to us that the school is an integral part of our local community here, so we wanted to do something that opens up an opportunity who is a local student and a resident in the South Delta community,” said MacIntyre. “This is just another way for us to exercise outreach and really connect with the local community.”
For more details, call 604-948-8826 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.