Let’s take another step in time and check out Thomas Ladner’s second home in Ladner.
Built in 1893, the house on Trenant Farm became known as Park Lodge and was the scene of many social functions.
Thomas Ladner’s brother William owned land to the west of Chilukthan Slough, part of which was eventually sold to Donald Chisholm for the Ladner town site.
The town eventually grew to encompass Thomas Ladner’s farm.
The Thomas Ladner house was demolished in 1973 and the Trenant Park shopping mall now occupies the site on Ladner Trunk Road.