Deltassist is stepping in to run the North Delta Food Bank during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This temporary food bank is for North Delta residents only. The food bank in South Delta remains in operation.
To be eligible for assistance you fit the following criteria:
* Already be registered with the North Delta food bank or low income or you are in need of food because you have insufficient funds due to work layoffs or shortages.
* Currently meet low income levels as set out by Stats Canada
* Be a North Delta resident
Items of proof needed to apply for Food Bank assistance are:
* Proof of residency in North Delta
* Proof of income, either pay stubs, bank statement or layoff notice
* Care cards for all children in family if applicable
How to access the North Delta Food bank:
* Call 604-594-3455 and leave your name, and phone number with reception
* Be available for an intake call to register you with the Food bank from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Wednesday.
* Be prepared to provide proof as requested.
* Be available to come at your assigned pick up time for assistance.