Another Delta school has been added to the Fraser Health’s current list of school’s which have had coronavirus exposures.
According to the health region’s latest list posted Friday morning, Chalmers Elementary had an exposure Jan. 5, 6, 7 and 11.
The other schools on the current list include Delta Secondary (Jan. 4), Delview Secondary (Jan. 6, 7, 8), Devon Garden Elementary (Jan. 4), McCloskey Elementary (Jan. 4, 5) and North Delta Secondary (Jan. 4, 5, 6, 7).
No Delta schools are currently listed as having outbreaks or clusters.
Elementary school principals this week, in their newsletters to parents, issued reminders about COVD-19 safety protocols including what they should remember when picking up and dropping off their children.
One letter notes:
We know that school drop-off and pick-up are very busy times at schools and it can be challenging for students and their families to maintain two metres distance from others.
We also recognize that school drop-off and pickup have traditionally provided an opportunity for parents to connect with each other.
However, given the high number of COVID-19 cases in our province currently and the public health orders aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19, we are asking for your support with the following:
• Please keep two metres distance at all times from others who are not from your household.
• Please wear a mask in high traffic areas and when physical distancing is not possible. This is good modelling for students.
• We ask that you stand back from the school exits and let your child come to you to reduce the risk of interaction with others.
• Please remind your child not to play with others from outside of their cohort, or gather with other students before and after school.
• Please leave the school grounds promptly after dropping off or picking up your child.