Delta council this week approved a recommendation to grant a heritage alteration permit for an historic Ladner home.
The permit will allow exterior renovations and an addition at the rear of the Wilson Residence at 4585 Arthur Dr.
Located between 45 and 47 avenues, the house is located in the Ladner Heritage Conservation Area and is listed on Delta’s Heritage Inventory.
The dwelling was built in 1915 by John B. Elliott for William Hilton Wilson, who was a partner in Lanning, Fawcett & Wilson Ltd.,
It was general store located at the north end of Delta Street and that building is also still standing today in Ladner Village.
The Craftsman style Wilson house stayed in the Wilson family until 1965.
Many of the exterior and interior features have been preserved, but one big change to the exterior has been a two-storey addition to the north that includes a garage at ground level.
In 2015 the city approved an application to renovate the home and add a secondary suite.
In a recent letter to council, owners Sage and Lee Kosa noted restoration efforts have made since they purchased the home six years ago and that the current application is a continuation of their desire to care for the old home into the future.
The owners have also applied for a city heritage grant to undertake the renovations. That application is to be reviewed by the Heritage Advisory Commission.