The South Delta Jazz Festival has a number of shows scheduled this week in Ladner and Tsawwassen.
The eighth annual event, which also includes a workshop for jazz students, features performances from workshop faculty members like saxophonist Ed Orgill, bassist Rob Kohler and trumpet player Bill Clark.
Saxophonist and U.K.-native Len Aruliah, who has appeared at the festival a handful of times in the past, will perform on Friday at All Saints Anglican Church at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for that show.
The annual festival is a program of the Delta Community Music School and was founded by Delta Music School instructors Jared Burrows and Stephen Robb.
The event gives students an opportunity to play and learn side by side with instructors and professional musicians in small ensemble settings.
Workshop students are scheduled to perform tonight with the Bossa Boys at Diefenbaker Park at 7 p.m. and on Saturday at Delta Hospital from noon to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 6 - Ed Orgill and Faculty Band - free noon concert at Fisherman's Hall, Ladner
- Wednesday, July 6 - Jazz Workshop senior students at Diefenbaker Park, Tsawwassen, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7 - Rob Kohler and Strings - free noon concert at Ladner Community Centre
- Thursday, July 7 - Open Jam Session at Petra's Arts Kafe in Tsawwassen, 7 p.m.
- Friday, July 8 - Bill Clark and Faculty Band- free noon concert at Ladner Community Centre
- Friday July 8 - SDJF Octet with guest, Len Aruliah @ All Saints Anglican Church, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the door
- Saturday July 9 - SDJF Student Concert and Picnic @ Delta Hospital Grounds - noon to 3 p.m.