The high prices at the pump have some people looking at taking a staycation.
In a new Ipsos survey, 52% of British Columbians said that rising costs of fuel is likely to impact their summer road trip plans - with 27% even considering changing their existing plans because of high prices at the pump.
These are some of the other results:
- 78% of Canadians factor the estimated costs for fuel when developing their vacation budget and unfortunately this summer, the numbers just aren’t adding up.
- 52% of British Columbians say high gas prices are making it less likely that they will take a summer road trip this year.
- 27% of British Columbiansare even considering changing their existing plans because of the high prices at the pump.
- 62% say among things impacted by rising gas prices, not only does this apply to vacations, but also to general household finances.
- 40% of Canadians are currently considering more fuel efficient electrified vehicles
- 52% of Canadians are likely to purchase an electrified vehicle in the next five years.
The survey was conducted on behalf of Toyota Canada.