Positive hiring climate anticipated for Delta

According to the latest ManpowerGroup Employment Outlook Survey, Richmond-Delta area employers expect a positive hiring climate for the second quarter of 2020.

Survey data reveals that 20 per cent of employers plan to hire for the upcoming quarter, according to Richard Plumb of Manpower’s Vancouver office. The remaining 80 per cent of employers plan to maintain their current staffing levels in the upcoming quarter.

article continues below

With seasonal variations removed from the data, Richmond-Delta’s second quarter net employment outlook of +16 per cent is a five percentage point increase when compared to the previous quarterly outlook, said Plumb. It is also a seven percentage point increase from the outlook reported during the same time last year, indicating a favourable hiring pace for the upcoming months.

“Though we can expect rigorous hiring activity in many regions, most Canadian employers are keeping their plans modest, partly due to persistent skills shortages,” said Darlene Minatel, country manager of ManpowerGroup Canada. “The lack of available talent, especially in manufacturing, construction and the skilled trades, is leading employers to invest more heavily in their current workforce, bridging staff into open roles and redesigning the employee experience to improve retention.”

Read Related Topics

© Delta Optimist

Comments

NOTE: To post a comment you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Delta Optimist welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

comments powered by Disqus
  • SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

    Subscription Club: $5/month or $50/year - Receive monthly deals from local merchants.

Opinion POLL

What are you doing more of while stuck at home?

or  view results