The Government of British Columbia has revised the list of pre-qualified bidding teams that have been invited to participate in the request-for-proposals stage to design, build and finance the Pattullo Bridge Replacement project.
The shortlists were revised after controversial firm SNC-Lavalin withdrew from the procurement process due to a “shift in its global corporate strategy to not participate in any fixed-price projects,” said a government news release. SNC-Lavalin has been mired in a long controversy connected to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who was found recently to have violated the Conflict of Interest Act for improperly pressuring the attorney general.
The $1.377-billion Pattullo Bridge replacement project will be a four-lane crossing. The new bridge will feature dedicated pedestrian and cyclist lanes separated from traffic by a barrier on both sides of the bridge. It is expected to open in 2023.
The Province expects to select the preferred proponent for the Pattullo Bridge Replacement project in fall 2019.
For the Pattullo Bridge Replacement project, the shortlisted teams are:
* Fraser Community Connectors
* Proponent: Kiewit Canada Development Corp.
* Design-build contractor: Kiewit Infrastructure BC ULC
* Long-span bridge design contractor: T.Y. Lin International and International Bridge Technologies, Inc.
* Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV
* Proponent: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.), ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Hochtieff PPP Solutions North America, LLC and COWI North America, Ltd.
* Design-build contractor: Flatiron / Dragados / Carlson Pattullo JV (a joint venture of Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited, Dragados Canada Inc. and Carlson Construction Group, Inc.)
* Long-span bridge design contractor: COWI North America, Ltd.
* Fraser Crossing Partners
* Proponent: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Aecon Group Inc.
* Design-build contractor: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Aecon Constructors
* Long-span bridge design contractor: SNC-Lavalin Inc., Leonhardt, Andrä und Partner Beratende Ingenieure VBI AG, Hatch Corporation, EXP Services Inc. and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.