November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month and restaurants in Ladner and Tsawwassen are showing their support to help advance the latest in research and care.
Roberta Haydon knows all too well the devastating impact of pancreatic cancer. Having lost her husband, Thomas, to pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer last year, she has spearheaded some local fundraising to help change the outcome for others facing the disease.
"This fundraiser is important to me because it is a way to honour Thomas by raising funds and creating awareness for pancreatic cancer research and care," says Haydon.
The following locations to show your support – the program details are as follows:
· Wednesday, Nov. 20: Il Posto will donate $1 of every appetizer, salad and dessert sold.
· Thursday, Nov. 21: Ladner and Tsawwassen McDonald’s restaurants will donate $1 of every breakfast sandwich, large regular menu sandwich, Extra Value Meal and Happy Meal sold.
· Friday, Nov. 22: Ladner Dairy Queen will donate $1 of every Blizzard sold and $5 for every DQ frozen cake sold.
· Saturday, Nov. 23: Tsawwassen White Spot will donate $2 for every burger platter sold dine in (excluding Pirate Paks) and $1 for every dessert sold.
· Sunday, Nov. 24: Boca Grande Donut Shop will donate $1 for every Boca Poco (mini donuts) and burrito sold.
Funds raised will support pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer research taking place at BC Cancer, helping to provide new hope to British Columbians who will be diagnosed with the disease.
Although it is the 10th most common cancer in Canada, pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer death and is difficult to detect at an early stage and often resistant to treatment.
To learn more about pancreatic cancer research, visit: https://bccancerfoundation.com/why-give/research/pancreatic.