There are just a few weeks left to make your charitable gifts count for your 2020 tax return. We have an option that will help you save on your taxes while supporting Delta Hospital and Community Health Foundation.
Making a gift of publicly traded securities (stocks/bonds/mutual funds) is an easy and tax-smart way to support Delta Hospital. You will receive a tax receipt for the full market value and do not have to pay capital gains tax.
- Complete the transfer form
- Send the form to your broker
- Let the DHCHF know the transfer is in progress – please contact Jodi Stokes at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604) 940-9695.
- Receive a tax receipt for the full market value + eliminate your capital gains tax
- Greater charitable tax credit for you
- Greater donation to the Delta Hospital and Community Health Foundation
Some transfers can take a few weeks to complete and if you would like a tax receipt for this calendar year the Foundation needs to receive the transferred shares by December 31st.
When you consider making a gift of securities instead of cash, you may be able to make a larger gift than you thought possible. Your support through a gift of shares would have a meaningful impact to the many services we provide at Delta Hospital and a great way to make a charitable gift before the end of the year. It is a good idea to discuss your personal circumstances with your financial advisor when considering a gift of securities.
Click here for a donations security form.