It’s another busy summer weekend in both South and North Delta with cool things to check out for the whole family.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- The Tsawwassen summer car boot sales takes place at the Centennial Beach parking lot from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Cost for vendors is $10 on a first-come, first-served basis. Hosted by Boundary Bay Park Association. Contact Tom at 604-940-9296 or visit boundarybayparkassociation.wordpress.com for more information.
- The Links at Hampton Cove is hosting a community golf tournament to benefit Reach and children with special needs. Register at www.hamptoncoveopen.ca and play by donation between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. This day of golf in Ladner includes chipping and putting contests plus a $10,000 hole-in-one challenge. There will be crafts and activities for the children in the afternoon.
- The Tsawwassen Farmers’ Market runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Benediction Lutheran Church (56th and 6th). The market features many unique local vendors with crafts, fresh produce and baked goods as well as entertainment while you shop and browse.
- The seventh annual North Delta Show & Shine runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sungod Recreation Centre (7815 112 St.). The show will feature hot rods, muscle cars, antiques and foreign models.
- The Singles will be playing Motown hits and more at the Tsawwassen Legion from 8 to 11 p.m. Enjoy hits by The Miracles, Mary Wells, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations and much more. Admission: $10 or donation.
- It’s market Sunday once again in Ladner. The Ladner Village Market on 48th features 160 artisans, plants and garden arts, farm fresh produce and fruit, live music and food galore from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. rain or shine.
- Delta Play Day is a free community event with lots of activities, both indoor and outdoor, for kids of all ages from noon to 3 p.m., at Delta Gymnastics, 4680 Clarence Taylor Cres. Puppet show from 3:15 to 4 p.m. Call 604-943-0460 or visit www.deltagymnastics.com for more details.