Skip to content

Online poll: Delays leading to second thoughts on air travel

Changing plans altogether being considered by many

Optimist readers maybe having second thoughts about flying to their favourite summer destination.

That’s what our latest online poll revealed when we asked readers: “Are the congestion issues at Canadian airports going to change your travel plans this summer?” The poll ran from July 22-27 and attracted 219 readers including 97 from the Delta area.

Just under 53 percent said the airport delays have made readers change their travel plans. The other 47 percent said they are willing to proceed with their original holiday destination.

Results are based on an online study of adult Delta Optimist readers that are located in Ladner. The margin of error - which measures sample variability - is +/- 6.59%, 19 times out of 20.

Delta Optimist uses a variety of techniques to capture data, detect and prevent fraudulent votes, detect and prevent robots, and filter out non-local and duplicate votes.