The following are some of the calls of interest the Delta police responded to in the South Delta area between Monday, Feb. 20 and Saturday, Feb. 25:
- February 22, 5:51 p.m., 1300-block of 56th Street: Loss prevention officer at the liquor store observed a male select and conceal two bottles of vodka and leave the store without paying. The officer confronted the suspect outside the store and took him into custody. Police attended the store and arrested the suspect for theft under $5,000. The suspect was released on a promise to appear in court at a future date.
- February 22, 5:58 p.m., 1300-block of 56th Street: A male entered the liquor store, selected and concealed three cans of beer, and left the store without paying. Police were standing outside the liquor store at the time of the theft and assisted the loss prevention officer in taking the suspect into custody. The suspect was then arrested and released on a promise to appear in court at a future date.
- February 25, 12:05 p.m., 4900-block of 7A Avenue: Complainant reported that sometime overnight an unknown person had removed the rear licence plate from her vehicle. Information was taken for insurance purposes and the licence plate number was entered in the police computer information system.
- February 20, 2:10 p.m., 5200-block of Ladner Trunk Road: During an inventory check the liquor store manager found two bottles of Remy Martin Cognac valued at $180 were missing. A check of the video surveillance found a male selecting and concealing the two bottles and leaving the store without paying. Police were provided with the video surveillance for identification purposes. The suspect is described as approximately 60 years of age, slim, Caucasian, wearing black leather jacket and black pants.
- February 22, 2:09 p.m., 6700-block of Dennett Place: The manufacturing business reported that two locked propane tanks, valued at $250 each, were stolen from the rear of the building. The padlocks on both tanks had been cut.
- February 23, 4 p.m., 5700-block of 47th Avenue: Complainant reported that he had purchased shoes from an online website and when he received the purchase in the mail the package only contained an orange reusable shopping bag. As the shoes purchased did not arrive, the complainant contacted PayPal and filed a dispute. The complainant was informed the website from which he made the purchase has been suspended.
- February 25, 3:40 a.m., 5800-block of Ladner Trunk Road: A fast food restaurant reported that unknown persons had smashed a window to the patio. Police attended with the K9 tracking dog but were unable to locate any suspects. Video surveillance to be examined as investigation continues.