Here’s two photographs from the Delta Archives of Delta Central School taken shortly after the school opened in 1926.
The photographs were printed on a glossy page from an unknown publication.
The top photograph shows the front and west end view of the Ladner school.
The bottom photograph shows the rear view of the school, with the girl's lunch room at left, boy's entrance on the right and an assembly hall in the centre.
The annotation at the bottom of the page notes that George Cherry's 1921 Model T Ford can be seen in the bottom photograph.
Cherry was the first custodian of the school, working there from 1926 to 1933.
Delta Central School was originally used as an elementary school (grades 1 to 8) but was later enlarged and updated for senior students while a new elementary school was built on the same plot of land.
The elementary school later converted to become Delta Jr. Secondary.
The Central School building and its later additions made up Delta Sr. Secondary.
In 1975, the two schools on the site were amalgamated into one, known as Delta Secondary School.
The Central building was demolished in the early 1990s.