For those of you who think smart meters are a good thing, or those who know little about them, educate yourselves and consider:
1. Right off the top, it is going to cost taxpayers $1 billion to replace the present analog meters that are perfectly fine. This money would be better spent on education, health care or job creation.
2. With former premier Gordon Campbell's Energy Act, the B.C. Utilities Commission has not been allowed to review and approve a business plan.
3. Concerned taxpayers have not been allowed public hearings.
4. These are wireless digital transmitters that can, 24/7, invade our privacy and collect all kinds of data that can be sold to anyone.
5. Hackers will be able obtain data, such as whether we are home or not.
6. This radio frequency radiation cannot be turned off, unlike our cell phones or wifi transmitters.
7. People with health problems or electro hypersensitivity are being made sick or sicker.
8. No energy is conserved by this meter. It only reports usage like an analog meter.
9. Provinces like Ontario are finding that consumer bills are climbing by as much as 150 per cent.
10. B.C. Hydro had the choice to use hard wired smart meters, but it chose wireless. Why?
11. Citizens of the Netherlands protested so vehemently smart meters were abandoned.
12. Education is the only way to learn to conserve energy.
13. Finally, ask yourselves: Who is behind this global effort to create a global electrical grid?