Buying a car is complex and the pressure of a sales floor can be intimidating.
“Whenever you buy a house or make any large financial decision, you always want to get an expert the same as when you are renovating your home, you definitely want a contractor,” said Kiran Rancourt, marketing manager at Barnes Wheaton GM South Surrey.
Purchasing a vehicle may be one of the most important financial decisions you make in your lifetime. Like purchasing a home, there are all kinds of factors to consider before you hand over your hard-earned cash.
Barnes Wheaton have compiled a list of important factors to keep in mind when purchasing and maintaining your vehicle:
• Vehicles are very complex. Read your owner's manual from front to back. Guaranteed you will learn things you never knew about.
• Servicing at your dealership is not more expensive than your friendly neighborhood Garage. And dealerships know your vehicle best.
• Shop for a vehicle sales consultant, not a Salesperson. A consultant works for you. A salesperson works for themselves.
• Too much focus is put on reviews, rather than finding a vehicle that meets all of your specific needs and wants. Follow your heart and personal preference.
• Service trumps price. Most people have it backwards and are unhappy with the decisions they make when purchasing vehicles.
• Keeping your tire pressures to manufactures specifications will help with keeping fuel consumption low.
• Changing your fluids will help prolong your vehicles life and resale value.
• Detailing your vehicle and protecting the paint will help keep it looking like the day you bought it.
• Keep all of your receipts, this will help you get more value for your trade.
A special thanks to Eric Knight, general sales manager, and Kiran Rancourt, marketing manager, at Barnes Wheaton GM South Surrey. Call 604-536-7661 to book an appointment or visit their website for more information.