With the cancellation of 2021 Delta’s annual spring cleanup due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, local residents will have to find alternative solutions for removing their junk and recycling household items.
While staying at home for almost a year, many people used this time to get creative, complete a home renovation project, clear out a garage or empty an attic. This in turn, has caused a lot of garbage to pile up.
But, 505-Junk, a local junk removal and recycling company, has a solution for you.
Since they are considered an essential service and the restrictions that previously applied to the Delta Spring Clean-Up service do not apply to their services, they are able to take:
- Furniture, electronics and other household items
- Yard waste, wood and other debris
- Construction off cuts and demolition materials
- Items to be donated
- And more
505-Junk are also waiving their $79 pick up fee and, instead, charge $0.29 per pound, with no minimum charge. All you have to do is leave you items outside and their team will take care of the rest. The price also includes all labour, transportation and disposal fees, but regular surcharge rates apply on select items such as mattresses, box springs, tires and full paint cans.
505-Junk always do their best to recycle material whenever possible and send a truck team of two that does all the loading and lifting for you. Each of their trucks has scales built into them for proof of weight.
The company is also making an effort to keep COVID-19 at bay. The policies that they have put in place to keep their team and community safe include:
- Sanitization: The interior of all trucks is sanitized after servicing every client.
- Hand washing: Cleaning stations are provided in every truck for their employees.
- Masks: Truck team members are equipped with a mask for every pickup.
- Physical distancing: All material must be located outside (front yard, back yard or in a garage) to take advantage of the promotion. If you require a pickup inside your house or apartment, please call 505-Junk first.
- Contactless payments: All payments are contactless.
To book your pickup with 505-Junk or receive a quote, please call 604-505-5865. You can also book online at 505junk.com/DeltaCleanUp using promo code DeltaCleanUp.