Let's do another throwback and check out what's become of the historic Burr house, also known as Burvilla.
This Delta Archives photo shows the house as seen in the Delta Board of Trade 1912 publication "Prolific Delta."
Built in 1905 on River Road, Burrvilla, according to the city, reflects the turn of the 20th century economic expansion of Delta’s farming industry, and symbolizes the wealth and status attained by the prominent Burr family.
The man for whom the house was built, Harry Burr, was the son of W.H. Burr, who was an early pioneer involved in the incorporation of Delta. The house remained in Burr family ownership until 1974.
The house was eventually moved to Deas Island Regional Park. It’s now home to a bat colony. More than 3,000 bats are estimated in the historic residence, making it the largest known bat colony in the Lower Mainland.