Making a charitable donation of publicly traded securities to Delta Hospital and Community Health Foundation is one of the most tax effective ways you can give.
Here are some of the benefits of donating securities:
Eliminate capital gains tax
Donating appreciated publicly traded securities (such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) can eliminate capital gains tax.
Get a charitable tax receipt
You will receive a tax receipt for the shares' fair market value, which will help you reduce taxes on other income.
Make a big impact
Your gift of shares will have an impact on the immediate critical needs at the Delta Hospital Campus of Care and help build a future of exceptional healthcare in our local community.
Timing with year-end
Some transfers can take a few weeks to complete. To take advantage in the 2022 calendar year, transferred shares need to be received by December 31, 2022.
Want to make a year-end gift of securities to Delta Hospital and Community Health Foundation? Here’s how:
- Talk to your financial advisor.
- Complete securities transfer form on the Delta Hospital and Community Health Foundation website.
- Send the form to your broker.
- Let DHCHF know the transfer is in progress by contacting Jodi Stokes at 604-940-9695.
- Receive a tax receipt for the fair market value and eliminate your capital gains tax.
For more information, please visit www.dhchfoundation.ca.