Let's do another throwback and head back to 1948.
This Delta Archives photo shows Delta volunteer firefighters on the government wharf in Ladner.
Some of the members pictured are F. Watts, R. Deane, R. Reichelt, Doug Oliver, Bernard Blaxland, Henry Nelson, Clifford Cory and Les Bradford.
Delta's fire service, although voluntary, was well developed following the Second World War.
Ladner's first fire truck with a tank and pumper was purchased in 1947 from the Boundary Bay Airport with the assistance of the Delta Board of Trade.
The department has gone a long way as Delta’s population grew including opening a new $9.6 million fire hall and emergency operations centre two years ago.
The 12,739-square-foot building, located near the 80th Street overpass adjacent to the Boundary Bay Airport, also includes a post-disaster emergency operations centre, corporate training centre and state-of-the-art fire training facility.