Let’s head back to June 25, 1932 in Ladner Village.
That’s the day a ceremony was held to unveil the new William Henry Ladner Memorial Clock at Municipal Hall.
The monument is still standing there today.
William Henry Ladner served a number of terms as Delta reeve between 1880 and 1906, and was a member of the B.C. Legislature from 1886 to 1890. He died in 1907.
The masonry work consists of over 30 tonnes of Nelson Island granite.
The stonework of the six-metre high granite clock tower was undertaken by Joe B. Bregani, who had been a stonemason in Italy.
Local jeweller O.B. Allan supplied the four-faced clock at the time.
The above photograph shows (left to right) Ernest Hutcherson, Robbie Read, Alexander D. Paterson, Hon., F. W. Howay and Leon J. Ladner.
An unidentified little boy decided to run in front while another unidentified boy is photobombing in the background.