Skip to content

Throwback: The Ladner Rotary

The Ladner Rotary received its charter from Rotary International on Dec. 27, 1957
ladner rotary 1965
Pictured from left to right: Merv Smith, secretary, Andy Munro, director, Lawrence Goodwin, president, Bill McCagherty, sergeant-at-arms, Doug Oliver, vice president, Cecil Dwight, treasurer, and directors John Reuss, Herb Ellis and Gerald Mills.

Let’s head back to June of 1965 to see the new officers of the Rotary Club of Ladner.

They were installed by Herb Lohr of Everett Wash, past district governor, at a banquet that month.

Rotary Club of Ladner is a diverse group of men and women who are business and professional leaders working together in fellowship to give back to the local community and communities around the world.

With the global theme for 2021/22, “Serve to Change Lives,” Rotary Club of Ladner this June installed its new president, Denis Denischuk, and board of directors at a virtual ceremony.

The Rotary notes that despite the challenges faced by the entire community and the rest of the world during the pandemic, Ladner Rotary, now in its 64th year, will continue to build on projects for the community.

The Rotary’s recent contributions include the StoryWalk trail of reading stations for young children, the pantry for high school students who need nutritious food over weekends, events for special needs adults and the Ladner Rotary Splash Park.