Skip to content

Opinion

Waterfront business owner shocked by opposition to revitalization plans

Waterfront business owner shocked by opposition to revitalization plans

Editor: I, for one, am sick and tired of misinformed people creating fear amongst the community about development gone wild.
Perimeter Road not going to help Tsaw. commuters

Perimeter Road not going to help Tsaw. commuters

Editor: Re: New SFPR unlikely to improve the experience for commuters, Community Comment, May 31 I share the same puzzlement as Steve Graham with regard to the Highway 17-South Fraser Perimeter Road junction.
Grads just about ready to take that step into great big world

Grads just about ready to take that step into great big world

A memo to all SDSS kids and especially 2013 grads... I had the pleasure of attending the Athletics Banquet at SDSS on Tuesday to take photos of the many award winners from grades 8 to 12.
Benefits to be weighed against burdens as decision day nears for Southlands

Benefits to be weighed against burdens as decision day nears for Southlands

Editor: The net benefit to Delta and its Tsawwassen residents can best be considered based on two separate considerations: the benefits of Delta owning 80 per cent of the land and the benefits of Century developing the remaining 20 per cent.
Another looking to downsize supports Southlands plan

Another looking to downsize supports Southlands plan

Editor: Re: Many here thanks to area's growth, letter to the editor, May 29 I want to thank by Pam McKinnon for writing the letter. Many feel exactly the same way and for that reason I support the Southlands development proposal.
Comments insulting to voters M. Cheney

Comments insulting to voters M. Cheney

Editor: Re: Life-long Deltan at home on the farm, May 29 I am very disappointed after reading the interview with Coun. Ian Paton.
For better or worse, proposals manage to bring us together

For better or worse, proposals manage to bring us together

What brings people in a community together? Big sporting events like the Olympics or the infrequent Canucks' playoff run get people excited. Sometimes it's helping others dealing with an emergency, like a flood or a fire.
Another cause for Huntington to champion

Another cause for Huntington to champion

Editor: Vicki Huntington has sold us on her ability as an independent to speak freely for South Delta.
Waterfront wishes made clear

Waterfront wishes made clear

Editor: It was encouraging and heart-warming to see over 100 passionate people attend the public hearing about the Ladner waterfront revitalization proposal last week.
Hamilton should give new job undivided attention

Hamilton should give new job undivided attention

Editor: Re: Councillor can't do two jobs, Murphy's Law, May 29 I couldn't agree more with Ted Murphy, who urges Scott Hamilton to resign from Delta council right away.